- a large range of manufacturing techniques;
- machinery, standards and practices for quality control and improvement;
- a large range of organic and inorganic materials;
- involving the right experts, asking the right questions to industry experts;
- involving the right partners to collaborate with based on the mutual technical gaps that shall be filled with the partnership.
The CTO also needs to join hands with the CEO while making deals with the customer(s), when the promise of a certain function of a product is being made. Because everything I wrote above, will need to be considered as a foresight while a deal is being finalised. The CTO needs to actively merge one’s insights with the CFO/COO, in order to build a realistic valuation, financial forecasts, profit margins with each project/deal. Be aware that being a superb engineer is not the same as being a strong CTO. A CTO is a visionary who should have foresights towards all the technical risks and possibilities. Nobody is born a CTO and neither can you learn to be one in a business school or through an engineering degree.
Statistics, architecture, engineering, mathematics, strategy development, roadmap development.
I’m currently working as an architect for an entire sector within ASML.
Gewenste type bedrijf:
Health tech, energy, semiconductors, materials
Energy, Fashion, Health, Onderwijs, Zakelijke dienstverlening
Series A, Series B, Series C, Volwassen