This startup was founded in 2020 as a product design & commercialization company. Witnessing the sudden evolution of face mask usage around the world, as well as its personal and environmental impacts, the founders founded the new venture to better integrate this new accessory into society seamlessly and sustainably.
Showcased on tech site Gadgetflow, in Dutch media through ‘Tech against Corona”, at “de telegraaf”, “NU.nl”, “NOS.nl”.
This startups’ aim is not to capitalize on this pandemic, but to offer meaningful, customer-driven solutions that make people feel more at ease to go about their day. The priorities are safety and wellbeing through innovation.
Their 1st product is a handheld and convenient way to store and sanitize your face mask, so that you can use it again, more safely, later in the day. It uses UV-C technology to break down the DNA of 99.9% of germs present on your face mask and has been lab-tested and proven to be an affective way to keep your face mask clean, no matter if you are flying, traveling by tram or visiting a public space.
As our current pandemic presents a multi-touchpoint-challenge for people, this startup offers, with their first product, an option to reduce your risk of getting sick and lower overall stresslevels by giving you an option to proactively keep yourself safer.
The startup hopes, by making it easier to reuse ones face mask, to help reduce the environmental impact of the current face mask usage (a global consumption of 129 billion face masks per month and with 75% ending up in landfills or the oceans, the environmental impact is enormous).
The product is planned to launch in April.
Direct sales of products; investigating face mask subscription model to complement product
- Quick time to market: Already developed and tested prototype/MVP based on state of the art UV-C light technology
- Growth potential: Addresses growing consumer demand for personal hygiene solutions
- Addresses current pandemic: Clinically proven to neutralize 99.9% of germs with UV-C light thus keeping face masks sanitized
- Stay healthy: Clinically proven to neutralize 99.9% of germs with UV-C light thus keeping face masks clean
- Be sustainable: Helps cut plastic waste & pollution by giving face masks a second life & safely reusing them
- Store & go: The smallest lightweight face mask case with integrated UV-C technology
€150.000,- finalize design and production setup, €200.000,- product inventory/working capital, €100.000,- team setup and marketing expansion
Gewenst type investeerder:
Angel investor; Early stage VC
Investor who ideally can help with: Logistical expertise / Scale-up expertise
Health; Retail; E-commerce
In welke fase bevindt de organisatie zich?
Huidige maandelijkse omzet:
Omzet prognose komende 12 maanden:
Omzet prognose maand 13-24:
Huidige maandelijkse kosten:
Approx. €100.000,- for the upcoming quarter
Reeds toegezegde financiering:
The company has initially been 100% funded by the owners them selves to date. Furthermore did they raise €13.000,- through a kickstarter campaign.
Is een vervolgronde verwacht in de komende 24 maanden?